Saturday, 3 December 2011

Christmas Podcast Bonus Features

The idea behind the Christmas Podcast seemed to go down well, so I thought I'd add an addition part - the tracks that didn't make the original cut. More tunes that somehow have attached them to my festive cheer, and I'll stick it just below the original post so it's like when they add bonus material to reissued CDs. Chronologically this kind of sits alongside the previous two parts. Liking lists, it's been a huge effort to not spell out every single memory connected to each song (that can be for next Christmas) but highlights include driving around the snowy hometown listening to REM, the Christmas I spent listening to The Smiths with nothing but a red lightbulb for company, those freezing treks across London wondering what the fuck Mr Bungle thought they were doing, and getting lost in the woods listening to Gary Glitter on the way home from the pub in the early hours of Christmas morning. Very Christmassy. Have a good one, chums XX

The Holly & The Ivy - Westminster Cathedral Choir
Superman - REM
Half A Person - The Smiths
Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkel
Dead Giveaway - Geneva
I Saw Mummy Kissing Santa Claus - Gap Kids
Amateur Hour - Sparks
Pink Cigarette - Mr Bungle
Hewlett's Daughter - Grandaddy
Walking In The Air - Aled Jones
You Belong To Me - Gary Glitter
Merry Christmas (War Is Over) - John & Yoko

The Christmas morning I awoke to find an AT-AT beside my bed